Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Lily in my Dream ....

Here's another poem by me.....

Stepping above through the accretions of a Midsummer Night's dream...
I entered a world which the beauteous doors of imagination opened for me....
When the world outside was imbued with the shades of grey and tints of black...
And turmoil made inroads into an erstwhile heaven of peace....
The spiders of greed threatened to cast a net over simplicity....
Hey, I found myself walking through the crystal clouds...
The refulgent rays of the smiling Sun lit the ambience like yellow chandeliers....
The whistling breeze teased me...
And the cool wind playfully danced through my hair...
I slid like a child...
Through the foamy white...
Insouciantly streaked across the blue firmament.....
I immersed myself...
Soaking into the depth of purity...
Breathing in the Fragrance of Freshness...
Losing myself in the mellifluous cadence of the twittering birds...

But Hey ! Did someone call my name ?
I turned around , I found a flower....
A small white lily it was - " What did it wanna say ? "

She asked me ,
" Dear , can you tell me which is the more beautiful ,
  Is it the sun ,
  Which gives light to everyone ?
  Or is it the moon ,
  Which lights the night, and for us is a boon ? "

I stood puzzled ,
Not knowing what to say....
The Lily smiled and she said ,
   " Dear, it's neither the sun
      Which although spreads light ,
        But snatches the light of that eye ,
         Which at it stares ....
      Nor is it the moon ,
        Which although lits the night ,
           Tis' light is stolen from the sun ....."

My cheeks pierced with their dimples ,
As Intuition drew in  its curtains ,
And I replied ," Yeah , it's neither
The Sun nor the Moon .....
But it is in fact , the humble Star ...
Which neither steals light
Nor blinds someone....
The Star is beautiful , because...
It shines with its Own Light....."

And then I closed my eyes ,
To awake back into the world of reality , ....
Where this figment of imagination will remain ,
My companion ever and forever ....



No comments:

Post a Comment