Friday, November 25, 2011

Notes from the diary ( of the father of a young girl ) ........

  This is something I imagine what an entry from the diary of my dad would look like.....

              Let's just skip the " Dear Diary " part because I seriously find it too ostentatious , see it is you are not writing to some diary ( except of course , if you are a 13 year old girl ) , face it....you are writing it to yourself .

          Anyway, ahem......

                  Today was good . We went to see a movie , (Shikha's choice ) [ I popping in a bubble - That's my Mom ! and seriously that was my Mom's choice ! ] , Tees Maar Khan ( Never mind , this is an old diary entry ! ).....there was nothing in it actually , but I guess nowadays movies are made like that.......although I couldn't understand why Pummy ( Whoa ! For all of you out there , dats my nickname ! ) was looking so angry while watching a comedy movie . Nevertheless , I am glad I could prevent her from going to the hall only with her sister . God knows, if she had gone there like that , she would have probably sat near that unkempt boy ( Nowadays' boys ! ) . Remember the expression on his face , and how he was still looking at her during the interval .....And why did Pummy have to look so astonished when I told her to sit in between me and her mother ? Gosh ! When will that girl develop some sense ?

                  Aah ! The last time she had given me an even more peculiar , weird expression was when we had gone to drop her off at the station . It was just that the stupid boy on the upper berth was smiling and I think , she was doing so too........Ya ........ , then , Shikha had reminded her to go to the bathroom before sleeping ..............Ah ! Yes , sometimes my wife does the right thing ! [ I in a bubble - That line was followed by a sudden silence .................................................................................................................................................and I can't quite decipher why parents tell you things ( particulary obnoxious ) , in front of strangers, they never say to you any other day of your life ! ]

                 And why does she increase her friend's list on  that Facebook . Today she has 5 new friends on there , yesterday I checked it was 3 . I can't understand this interacting with friends online when she can just talk to them everyday while in college ? How could she have so many friends from her schools ?

                 Why is she rejecting the good marriage proposals that come in ? Does she have a ...............? No.................I hope not !  Naah , Surely , No !  Or is it ..........?  The last time it was that engineer , decent fellow actually ..........but not good enough for my princess ! Sigh ! Atleast she should have considered him ! Where from will I bring her the perfect man ? All this takes time , na ! ................ [ Bubble - Well, Dad ! I did check him out , and it was an embarassing experience for both of us ! (the details of which I'll write some other day ) . And you don't need to find  someone , I'll do the needful ....................and there really is a lot of time ] .

                    And what is this new philosophy she has started spearheading ! Says she will not marry till she's 30 . Good God ! Please give some sense to my daughter ! What is this ? Is she nuts ? Does she know what she's speaking ? [ Bubble - Dad , I just love to piss you off by cracking such one-liners......hey , but you really get so worked up ! By the way , I rephrase my statement - I 'll not marry till I'm ATLEAST 30 ] .

                     Couldn't speak to her tonight . She was busy attending some other call . Who could she be talking to ?  And why so much time ? Anyway, though she called me back after my 3 calls only ......

                      So, got to sleep now............. and yes , Oh God ! Wherever she is, however she is ,   .........Never forget to Take Care of my dear sweet , quirky , little girl !

2 comments:

  1. Great concept for expressing "I hate boundary/limitations"..... yet caring and understanding nature of d girl towards her father at d end.. DOC!


    Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete